tissue box cover

This summer, while cleaning and decorating my room, I noticed how tissue boxes were totally cramping my style.  I'll be honest, it's a minor issue to have, yet there's a quick fix- with a roll of tape and a cereal box, you can make a super simple pop-over cover for your tissues.

As with all my DIYs, the directions are pretty vague, but the main principle is there: crafting a cover to slide over the existing box of tissues with a hole at the top to tug tissues through.  I used electrical tape (which I've blogged about countless times), giving my box a modern black and tan look.  With the basic box pattern, it wouldn't be hard to use scrapbook paper, colorful tape or magazines to customize them to fit your room.


trace a tad outside the line of the box so there's room
you'll need 4 sides and a top
trace a circle on the top for the hole.  i used the tape roll, but I wish I had used something bigger
tape the four sides together inside the box so the tape doesn't show.
tape around the opening and tape the top on. (rest the top on the box so it's easier to tape)
decorate as you please & that's all

This took me about 20 minutes to complete.  Flip on some netflix or youtube and just make it.  It's reusable, recycles cereal box paper board, and makes your room look more put-together.  It's honestly a mess-free project perfect for beginners.

Written while grooving to Lana's just-released Honeymoon album.

xx Samantha

0 comments:

Post a Comment