dreaming of nyc



For years I've craved the bustling movement of the big apple, the reaching skyscrapers and dreams.  The non-stop nature of millions of people, rushing here and there.  There are people everywhere, yet each has their own life, own identity carved out somewhere in the concrete jungle.  It reminds me of a  quote in the Great Gatsby- "I like large parties.  They're so intimate. At small parties there isn't any privacy."  In the big city, you can have your own world.

While I wish I was embarking into the city this year, I still have one year left to complete of high school- as my friends and coworkers float off to the next life step, I feel a bit abandoned and wistful.  As I was surfing Pinterest, however, this pin caught my eye.  Armed with electrical tape (see my ode to it here) I stuck a silhouette of my favorite city above my bed (oh the irony, for the city that never sleeps).  I'll be dreaming of NYC, day and night.

This project is so simple, you just have to go for it.  Electrical tape will lift off with no damage, and is so inexpensive waste is ok.  I went for it, making up my skyline as I went.



also, I love my bedding right now- it's so cozy and so my style


bonus:
check patterns are super trendy right now, and two two-inch strips of electrical tape construct a graphic and simple wall decoration- perfect for personalizing a sterile and dull dorm.



written while enjoying Lana Del Rey
xxSamantha








0 comments:

Post a Comment