diy bikini hack


so maybe the timing of this post isn't optimal, seeing as summer is wrapping up.

but, life happens and even though I constructed and shot photos of this project a couple months ago, this post got tabled.  so, I guess you could make this for some last-minute sun-loving beach-going using clearance priced swimwear.  this whole project cost me $5, took 20 minutes and is so worth it. 

bikini: $4 from walmart
elastic: from collection (but would be inexpensive at any fabric store)

here's how to

plan where you want your elastic to go

zig zag stitch it down.  my elastic was wide, so I folded over the edge of the bikini and sewed it on like bias trim. go slow- you want to get it perfectly positioned. pins were useless through this, so I actually used binder clips to hold everything in place while I sewed it together.
I ended up with this- now to add the middle strip
I cut my wide elastic in half and zig-zaged it down the middle of each side.

and that's all 

 It's not that much, but little details and modifications make your wardrobe unique and noteworthy.  you can totally change it up- skip the middle strip, add a bottom line, use another color of elastic- do what you want.  it's your project, your end result- if anything, this is just an idea, a spring board.  so just jump into this project and enjoy!

Samantha







0 comments:

Post a Comment